Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CONGRESO... and mental shutdown

well.... my days here are slowly winding down. I've loved my time here, but I'm definitely getting to the point where I'm ready for normality and my life back home. Today was especially rough... I really think my brain is running on empty. Five hours of class is killin' me. My professor today seriously talked AT us for five hours today... as well as scribbling in Spanish on the blackboard. We didn't really engage in the language or talk much... by the time 3 pm hit... I was toast. I couldn't function. I felt like I was a babbling moron. I came home and slept. Gloria was so sweet and made me some tea which also helped a lot. I'm really going to miss her. She's become my Argentine Grandma. She also told me that she was really going to miss me and that it had been such a pleasure having me in her home and that I was a wonderful person. I almost cried!!!

I only have one more actual day of class. Thursday and Friday are final exams. One written and one oral. It's going to be intense!!!!

I also have a girl who is coming for the next term coming.... she will be staying in my room with me. Not very excited about that, but oh well. It's only a few days and I plan on staying as busy as possible in those few days. That includes a trip to Uruguay on Saturday. Should be a lot of fun.

The only really fun piece of news I have.... is that I saw the Congress building on Monday. It was a holiday here which meant that the city was super peaceful. The weather was also beautiful. It also looks like the volcano is calming down... although the ash is circling the globe a second time and disrupting flights in Australia. Hope it clears up by Sunday.

hitting the hay soon.... still feeling drained after my long day of class....



1 comment:

  1. I think my post went away! Anyway, hang in there! Remember that you are having trouble because you have advance to the harder stuff because you have advanced. You are at the point of learning the stuff that doesn't fit the rules and has to be learned and retained by using it. And use it you will! You have a future with this, so keep it up!

    Also, try your best to get with the Lanus people. They are really great and can be of use to you professionally in the future. It will be great to have contact with them and have another reason to return to Buenos Aires, and you will go back! it will be a great base for your future trip to Patagonia and the Andes!

    Love you and will see you soon enough!

    ReplyDelete