Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tigre and the Fair!

Well it's been a fun last few days.

saturday I had a group trip to Tigre. It's the largest river delta in the world. I rode the train north out of Buenos Aires for about 45 minutes. It was so peaceful and COLD! We took a boat ride around the rivers in the area and got to see the vacation homes in the area. It's quite an experience... if you stay in these homes you can't drive to them - you take a water bus. There are supermarket boats, gas boats, school boats... it's pretty cool. After the boat ride we went to visit a local market/fair. there was SO much stuff... I was overwhelmed.

today I went to the Recoleta Fair with two girls from my program. It's basically a giant fair with tons of local artists and handmade crafts. I bought quite a few things... My favorite is a picture... it's of a group of dogs (from a dog walker) that are tied to the fence of a really cool building... it's so cool. I especially love it because there's a boxer who's woofing something. haha i really had a good time. http://www.buenosairesfoto.blogspot.com that's the link to the artist's photos... mine is the first one that is posted! yea! the rest of his work is really cool too.

The weather here is getting reallyyyyy chilly. I think I'm gonna buy some gloves..

tonight I'm just vegging... did some homework... I'm getting ready for a long day of classes tomorrow and i'm sure a busy week of activities.

Posted a couple pics from yesterday. again, I look like crap. I think I'm half frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment