Sunday, June 26, 2011

last night here!

So I can't believe it, but it's my last night in Buenos Aires. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. And let's hope the ash holds off... flights in and out were canceled last night. but as of now, it looks like I should be able to leave.

Trying to think of what adventures I've had in the past several days that I can write about...

I did really well in my class. Got a 9 out of 10 (that's the grading system in Argentina). I'm pretty proud of myself. =) It was a lot of hardwork, but definitely worth it in the end.

My roommate is here. I really like her. I wish she had been here during June! I could've had a buddy to hang out with. she's very sweet and nice - which is a good thing because I know Gloria was also worried. She's had some bad experiences with previous students staying here. But it looks like she got a good one!!

Thursday night we had our farewell dinner. It was sad to say bye to everyone.

Last night a group of girls went to a jazz club. I really had a great time! Our waiter was absolutely hilarious. He tried to get my friend Carolyn's number... and then tried to kiss her when we left. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

I also finally got to try some really good wine. I've never been a fan of red wind, but I LOVE malbec. definitely going to buy some when I get home!

Today I went to Uruguay. Wooot for another stamp in my passport. It was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Although, i quite literally froze my butt off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS SO COLD!!! I was dressed warm enough, but the girls I went with did not dress warm enough. So we didn't do too much.... I'm glad my parents taught me to be prepared!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and being home. I'll post again if flights don't go out tomorrow, but I don't think that will happen!!





No comments:

Post a Comment