so I was told... that people are reading my blog!!! AND they're requesting more! (this is for you Julie!)
Things down here are pretty good... The stupid volcano is still wreaking havoc on the airport. I think international flights are taking off... I'm a bit worried about my trip to Igazu this weekend. I'm hoping we can fly back. Will keep you updated!
I also realized I forgot to post about my experience at the hospital. Nothing major happened... I just was having a major issue in my left eye. So my professor told me to have it checked out. I just had an irritation in the second layer of my eye in the corner.... i was supposed to go back but it cleared up in a day. But hospitals here are weird!!! they have numbers and room numbers.... and your number "dings" when the doctor is ready to see you... so weird!!!
Over the weekend, Michaela Ruthie and I went to the San Telmo fair. It's basically 10 blocks of STUFF. There are street performers and food and stuff to buy. lots of fun!!
Monday I got to hang out with my friend Tony who lives here. I stayed out entirely too late... I'm getting too old for that!!!! It was fun though. We went to see the Hangover 2 (or que paso ayer 2 LOL) It was in English with spanish subtitles. There were several awkward moments... where I laughed and no one else did OR I laughed before everyone else did (they were still reading the subtitles) We also got drinks at a very cool bar by my house.
Today Michaela and I went to El aterno bookstore. It's sooooo beautiful. It's in an old theater in downtown Buenos Aires. I could sit in there all day!!! oh and I MIGHT have had a very delicious cafe calypso (coffee and baileys)
Walking home the other day... there was a random dance/drum party in the party by my house. very random but very cool. It was a big group of kids dancing. SO adorable.
I leave for Iguazu tomorrow! yea!!! people in my class went last weekend and they said it's UNBELIEVABLE! I really look forward to seeing it. Just hope we can get back!!!!
Miss everyone so much. Also looking forward to getting back to the states.... having some space... not being hot and sweaty and cold all at the same time... and not being shoved on the subway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really regret not going to the falls when I was there, Hannah! Couldn't get anyone from the Kellogg group to go, and it was expensive, too! I got one person to go, however, to the Argentinian ranch you've seen pictures of. That was cool, but it was no Amazonian rain forest or those falls! Did you get to watch The Mission before going? If so, it gives you a taste of what to expect.
ReplyDeleteHave lots of fun and take many, many pictures!!
Hola Hannah! I am very much enjoying your blog Hannah! ANd i have posted the link on the SIUE Study Abroad Website and the study abroad facebook page...glad to hear others are following your adventures as well!!! Keep posting! Julie
ReplyDeleteHannah Looks like you are having a great time. I think you look great and happy. Love all the pics as you call them. Love Aunt GG
ReplyDelete