Tuesday, May 31, 2011
well it was bound to happen
today, I had my first "completely lost" moment. They moved the campus that I have to go to for class... well, I thought "oh I can take the subway. EASY" Well, long story short, I went left when I should've gone right.... wandered aimlessly for over 30 minutes. Thank God people here are super nice and pointed me in the right direction. I was 30 minutes late to class.
I'd also like to add... the train here is absolutely insane. First of all, it's hotter than hell. Second, people literally SHOVE their way on the train. This morning I was in the doorway by a railing and everyone just shoved and pushed me into it. I COULDN'T GO ANYWHERE!!! But they just kept shoving. It was fairly awful. I don't know why I even bothered fixing my hair... I was a hot mess by the time I got to school.
The building our classes are in is realllyyyy beautiful. I guess it's an old house (and by house think mansion) it's really amazing... I'll try to snap some pictures of it tomorrow.
I finally got out and did some exploring today. I went to see the "flower" - a statue given to the city by a French architect. I guess it opens and closes like an actual flower. Its pretty cool. We also stopped by the Museum of Art but they wanted me to leave my backpack at a counter and I Just didn't feel safe doing that. I think we're gonna go back another day (without my backpack).
I'm glad I finally found some people that I can do some exploring with... they want to see lots of the cultural stuff (think nerds). I'm pretty stoked about that. we're already making plans for the week. yea!
ok, off to bed. I literally hurt.
I've attached a pic from today. Please forgive how completely disheveled and messy I look...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment