Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dallas is not Buenos Aires

Well leave it to St. Louis to ruin my departure to Buenos Aires. It started out with a one hour delay... then from there all hell broke loose. There were horrendous storms pretty much all around St. Louis today. At one point, we were taking shelter in the airport cause a tornado was spotted. Once things somewhat calmed down, we finally boarded the plane... only to sit for an hour and a half while we waited for it to be safe enough to load the baggage.

Four hours after my scheduled departure... we take off.

aaannnnddddd....I missed my flight to Buenos Aires.

So here I sit in the lovely (sarcasm) Baymont Inn and Suites in Dallas, TX. Only positive note: I got on the next flight to Buenos Aires. Bad news: I get to sit at the airport for 7 hours tomorrow.

I keep telling myself that this makes for a good story and an entertaining blog entry... but seriously this sucks. I already had my first emotional breakdown... I'm just trying to stay strong and get through this. Definitely is not the way I wanted this trip to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment